PitchBuilder Explains is our content rich Start-up Encyclopaedia for aspiring and established start-up or SME founders.
KEY UK STARTUP FUNDRAISING TERMS, DEFINED:
Key terms you'll see in professional pitch decks and business plans designed to meet investor expectations:
- Angel Investor
- Angel Syndicate
- ARR - Annual Recurring Revenue
- CAC - Customer Acquisition Cost
- CAC:LTV Ratio
- Cap Table
- Churn Rate
- Data Room
- Due Diligence
- Exit Strategy
- Funding Round
- IRR - Internal Rate of Return
- LTV - Customer Lifetime Value
- Market Sizing
- MRR - Monthly Recurring Revenue
- NPV - Net Present Value
- Pitch Deck
- Private Equity
- Run Rate
- Seed Funded
- Sequoia Pitch Deck Example
- Startup Visa
- TAM / SAM / SOM
- Uber Pitch Deck Example
- Venture Capital
- Warm Introduction
- Y Combinator
COMMON UK START-UP FUNDING QUESTIONS (FAQ), ANSWERED:
We've tried to answer many of the most common start-up funding questions:
Starting a business:
- How do I start a business in the UK?
- Is the UK a good place to start a business?
- How do I open a restaurant in the UK?
- How do you start a bank in the UK?
Raising money from investors:
- What is the difference between Pre-Seed, Seed, Series A and Series B funding rounds?
- How much money should I raise for my start-up?
- How much money can a business raise?
- How do I raise pre-seed funding?
- How do I find UK investors for a startup?
- How do I find UK investors for a mobile app?
- What are the benefits to working with angel investor syndicates?
- How do I find angel investor syndicates in the UK?
- How do I pitch an investor?
- Is it bad to cold pitch a VC investor?
- Is going on Dragons Den a good idea?
- How to pitch Venture Capital (VC) funds for start-up investment
- How to find angel investor syndicates in the UK
- How do I get a business loan in the UK?
- How do I find financing for a small business in the UK?
- How do startup valuations work?
- How to apply for SEIS
- How to apply for EIS
- How important are ESG considerations for start-ups?
- How do start-up investors evaluate a company?
- What are the benefits of using a pitch deck template?
- Where can I find a pitch deck template?
- What does a pitch deck designer do?
- What is the role of design in a winning pitch deck?
- What are the best pitch decks ever?
- How do I hire a pitch deck writer?
- What slides should I include in a pitch deck?
- What is start-up traction?
- The key elements of a successful pitch deck
- How to create a compelling pitch deck narrative
- What is the Sequoia pitch deck template?
- How to create a pitch deck competitor slide
- How to create a 'why now' slide in a pitch deck
- How do I write a business plan?
- How do I improve a business plan?
- Business plan writing tips
- What to include in a business plan
The UK Start-up Ecosystem:
- What are the most successful IPOs?
- What are the financial statements used to analyse a company?
- What are the best sources of start-up news in the UK?
- What are the best movies about entrepreneurship?
- What are the best books about entrepreneurship?
- What are some of the largest funding rounds ever in the UK?
- What is the difference between gross profit and net profit?
- How do I get a job in VC?